Thursday, January 8, 2015

Why I'm Interested in Stock Car Racing

I am very excited to learn about stock car racing, seeing as I am going to be helping build a race car. I'd say my interest for this comes from being in a long line of mechanics in my family. This last summer I had the chance to work at a race track in Eureka, CA. My family and I are building a Mustang, Cobra 2 for the coming up race season, it will be in the mini stock class. We found the car on Craigslist for $500 in McKinleyville, CA. We even had the guy tow it to our house, and he did it for free. Another reason very interested in stock car racing, for one I haven't missed one race since I was three years old. The past four years, I have been helping my godfather build his race cars each race season. In a couple years after I find out how to build, tune, and race; I hope I will have my own race car.

So far what I have learned from working at a race track is, Road runners are the lowest and best class to start in, Mini stocks are the second lowest class and one of the least expensive classes. The Bombers are the third lowest and older looking cars, they are also a lot bigger. The Real stocks are the most expensive class below the Pro-fours, and they look a lot like a Nascar class. I have also learned from working at the race track that all the racers and track staff are like family; they may fight a lot but when someone wrecks, everyone is there to help. My family has experienced many crashes through the years, for example my godfather wrecked his car four times into the wall last year. The year before that my grandma hit the water barrels at 80 mph, breaking her arm, wrist, and leg. This year I'm looking forward to learning more about stock car racing, and sharing it with you.      

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be a very interesting blog! I think its really cool how it is something you do with your family. I am going to come back to your blog and maybe I will go to a race someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to learning more about your racing topics. To be honest with you I don't really know anything about cars or racing but it interests me anyways. I can't wait for you to write more about your topic and i will certainly read them to further my knowledge about racing. What are some of the topics you plan on writing about? Good luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback and to answer your question I am going to be talking about the history of stock car racing, how to build every different class of stock cars,and how to budget out the racing season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its cool that you know how to build stock cars. I think racing is full of adrenaline and competition. Hope you win some races this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stock car races are supper fun and I looked forward to wathching

    ReplyDelete